- 1/4 cup ghee or butter
- ▢1/4 cup assorted nuts
- ▢1 litre full fat milk
- ▢1 cup nylon vermicelli
- ▢1/2 cup evaporated milk
- ▢2 green cardamoms crushed
- ▢1/2 cup sugar
- n a medium sized pot, heat half of the ghee. Add the nuts, and saute for 2 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add the remaining ghee, and the vermicelli. Roast on medium heat for 2-3 minutes, until golden and fragrant.
- Now add the milk with the cardamom pods.
- Cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes while stirring.
- Add the sugar and cook another 5- 7 minutes. Finally add the evaporated milk and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to serving dish.
- Sheer Khurma can be eaten warm or cold. It will thicken upon cooling.