- ¼ cup approx. 30 badam / almonds
- 2¼ cup milk
- few thread saffron / kesar
- 3 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder / elachi powder
- firstly, soak ¼ cup badam in hot water for 30 minutes.
- peel off the skin of badam and transfer into small blender.
- add in ¼ cup milk and blend to smooth paste. keep aside.
- now in a large kadai heat 2 cup milk stirring occasionally.
- add in prepared badam paste.
- also add few thread saffron and 3 tsp sugar. stir well.
- simmer for 5 minutes or till milk thickens.
- additionally, add in ¼ tsp cardamom powder and stir well.
- finally, serve badam milk or almond milk hot or chilled garnished with few saffron.